Tuning Calcium Reactor, Need some Guidance

TRENT

This is my First time setting a reactor. Have had it on line for a few days. Would like someone with experience to look over the info and make sure I'm doing it right.

120 gallon SPS tank (150 gallon sump) 270 gallons total water volume.

Kalk in a 32 gallon Brute can, Tunze ATO. Run 24/7

GEO 612, Extra Course Media

AP regulator set on 9.5 (I think that means 1 bubble every 9.5 sec.)?

Current Parameters.

ALK 8

Cal 430

MAG 1400

PH in tank 8.3, in Reactor 6.66 (on a controller) Effluent PH 14

40 Mil. per min coming out of the Effluent.

Not sure if its keeping up with demand. Too Early to tell. Today test results are the ones posted above and will go from their.

Any suggestions?

Picture is for Reference of stock (Picture is about 4 months old, more growth now).

Thanks in advance

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

I would run the effluent at 60ml. Turn the bubble count up to a bubble every 4 seconds. Then just sit back and watch the alk. If the alk rises then lower the co2 a little. Then just keep testing every 24hr and make adjustments to the co2 flow. Once you find the sweet spot for your system where your alk don't drop anymore, set you apex to that ph.

• Like 1

I would run the effluent at 60ml. Turn the bubble count up to a bubble every 4 seconds. Then just sit back and watch the alk. If the alk rises then lower the co2 a little. Then just keep testing every 24hr and make adjustments to the co2 flow. Once you find the sweet spot for your system where your alk don't drop anymore' date=' set you apex to that ph.[/quote']

I second this solid advice. Every tank will have a different setting but I suspect you'll be adding additional co2 to keep up with you calcification.

Trent: Beautiful tank you have. You have some very nice sps corals and the placement looks awesome! Make sure you add the Kalkwasser as far away from you reactor effluent return to keep it from reacting with the CO2 and forming CaCO3.

If you have a refugium, you can have you reactor effluent drip there as the algae will utilize the remaining CO2 and help buffer the pH. Additionally, by having the algae grow faster, it'll remove more nutrient.

l

Figured I should update this since it's asked so often. Keep in mind I also dose Kalk in my ATO.

Reactor PH 6.52 / Tank 7.9-8.2

Effluent 60-70

AP regulator set at 5.25 / 6psi

All parameters are holding at:

Alk 8.3

Cal 440

Mg 1375

Thanks again for the help.