WTB: live sand

jeffisme

I'd definitely get it from a store. probably as cheap as online (in most cases), and it's actually live. being sealed up in a plastic bag for months can do some funny business to the bacteria. theoretically, they hyperoxygenate the bags so it doesn't die, but that throws the bacteria into overdrive and can actually be toxic...stuff from a store is alive in a reef tank...definitely the better bet, IMO

for me, I'd by dry sand and dry rock, buy one decent sized chunk of the prettiest rock you can get your hands on (live) to seed the rest and ask for scoops from other people's tanks. a store would probably sell a cup of their sand for cheap, others of us would probably give up a cup for next to nothing, or maybe actually nothing. that's what I'd do...

I've got some sugar fine from my 50 gallon break down that's been in a plastic bin for about 2 months. Would let it go for pretty cheap. I'd say 60-80 lbs. Doesn't stink either. 971-267-9078

Kori

thanks, I might take you up on that once the new tank arrives.

jeff