A Few SPS Questions

Toby Flenderson

Not trying to start a poo flinging fight or anything. But ' date=' algae scrubbers do add food to a system. Wouldn't have to change anything. just add one and keep doing what your doing. Would allow you to feed more anyway. I have had very good success with mine. doesnt take much to make one either. just my two cents.[/quote']

I might try a scrubber for the heck of it but really my refugium is doing more for food production and nutrient export than the scrubber would be capable of.

As for actinic light, Ive got 1 T5 going 12 hours and i dismantled the other a few months ago because it was always in the way. I'm switching to LED's this year so they shouldn't be necessary anyway.

Its been 2 weeks since i started the new feeding schedule. I've been feeding a cube of mysis in the morning and one at night. A square of seaweed everyday and alternating oyster feast and phyto every day. After week one i got a couple patches of cyano in some low flow areas of the tank but those seem to be going away. The fish are loving it. I'm taking a picture once a week for four weeks and we will see what color change will occur. After one month i will add the iodine and then strontium later to see what the individual effect of each is. One thing i have noticed so far is that it only took 1 week for the Oregon tort to completely heal and grow a new extending polyp right where i cut it when it was fragged, amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the progress after 3 weeks. These pictures are not the best but you can get the general idea. The original piece of tort I have if starting to color up but the new dark blue piece has lost plenty of color and gone purple now. [language filter]? The good thing is I still have great growth.

34f04144.jpg

bbcb15a0.jpg

18d872e7.jpg