TOTM last water change over 3 years

Frank

If you havent seen this must check it out...

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/119-tank-of-the-month

Here it the must check out part:

I try to keep my system simplistic. I last changed the water in my aquarium 3 years and 8 months ago. At that time, it was basically as I was setting my current aquarium up in September 2008. Since then I just add freshwater by pouring it into the aquarium. Every two weeks I use a calcium chloride additive to supplement calcium depletion. I also add magnesium chloride, magnesium sulphate, and sodium hydrogen carbonate (baking soda). These additives keep my calcium, alkalinity, and my magnesium at proper levels. Occasionally, I will add Lugols. I also add live marine phytoplankton at times.

There have been nicer Sps tank on reef central that have gone without water changes. I seen this one guy go 5yrs without a water change on a packed Sps tank. If your levels are under control and your using a calcium reactor I really don't see a need to always do water changes. Infact you go into the Sps section you will see those guys do the Least amount of water changes.