wtb small piece of live rock

Exodus

I'm looking for a small piece of live rock that is "caked!, covered! infested!" with purple coralline algae. I am wanting to introduce it to my new nano tank but looking for a piece about the size of a golf ball.

If anyone in the salem area has one let me know :)

Thanks

You don't even need a rock, just scrapings from the glass. My 55g was hard to keep up with on the scraping...unfortunately I just moves to the 90, coraline hasn't gotten going much yet. And I've got three urchins, so it might never get going...:)

Sent using Forum Runner

I have a bunch of rubble that I am going to get rid of, the only problem is that it is in my sump. No coraline. :(

But if you still want the rubble, send me a PM. I probably have 10-20 lbs of fist size pieces. I can weigh it all out and give you a more accurate amount and price if you want it.

Give it time and you will have more coraline that you want! To accelerate growth, dose calcium. The higher calcium levels stimulate coraline growth to the extreme.

dsoz

I understand the shavings and the time of growth, I am not new to saltwater this is just a new tank of mine, but not to sound rude It's not advice I'm looking for It's a small piece of live rock I'm looking for its a proven method that I prefer to be honest. And I dont want to wait a couple years it's obviously not that easy when there has been 65 views and not one person has yet to reply with some I guess I will just get ahold of the LFS's in the area and see if I can track some down, but appreciate the posts

Thanks

I have a pc of LR that has purple coraline and a little bit of maroon coraline on it as seen here

IMG_6462.jpg

still need practice taking pix's

IMG_6463.jpg

it's about 1" x 1" and I can break it off if you want. I'll be at Garrett's dropping off some tanks for him this Sat and I can leave it there for ya.

LMK

That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be probably picking my new AI sol from him saturday afternoon as well :) so that would be a great place to leave it, if you tell him your leaving it for Nick he knows who i am ;)

Archived