Glass cutting Video!

Algae

I used to do this for a living. It's as easy as he makes it look after a few times. And the oil cutter like the one I still have similar to his makes a difference since their is oil that comes out of the cutter along the whole score. The basic cutters you get at home depot and other places usually do not have the option of putting oil in them. The oil gives you more time to break the glass apart.

I used to do this for a living. It's as easy as he makes it look after a few times. And the oil cutter like the one I still have similar to his makes a difference since their is oil that comes out of the cutter along the whole score. The basic cutters you get at home depot and other places usually do not have the option of putting oil in them. The oil gives you more time to break the glass apart.

Just kind of curious. I have the cheap Home Depot type glass cutter (with no oil reservoir) could you like maybe spray a little WD-40 on the glass in place of the oil type cutter?

I have never used WD-40 but I think it should work or if you have any new motor oil around that would work as well. It's used to keep it a bit cooler and keeps it from starting to splinter as quick. And you should not score the same line twice if you don't get it to break the first time it will ruin the glass cutter if you score over the top of your last score line. If you don't get the glass to break on the line within a decent amount of time you will start to see it kinda spitting little shards of glass from the cut line. At this point it is not going to want to break clean and my not break on the line or break at all.

Just kind of curious. I have the cheap Home Depot type glass cutter (with no oil reservoir) could you like maybe spray a little WD-40 on the glass in place of the oil type cutter?