180 MH lighting Advice?

Algae

Thanks Garrett! Really like the 250 14 K Aquamax I got from ya (ship the replacement yet, Buddy?) Wonder if they would run better PAR on a M80 like a Radium does instead of my Galaxy and Icecap (It's the blue finned model) electronics? Should I switch to Radiums? Pheonix? Switch out to M80?

The bulb should be here in the next couple of days and then it will be on it's way down to you. I personally am a huge Radium fan. They have killer color and seem to last a good bit of time before needing replaced. I get great growth out of them and they aren't super expensive. That being said, if you like a crisper white look, then the aquamaxx 14k's are real nice plus the are less expensive.

250W in good reflectors sounds fine for 24" deep. You will probably want to add some blue flourescents in front and back for startup and shutdown gradual lighting. And for taking pictures that make some corals look "fantastic".

Depends on what you want to keep really. I have a 120 and only run two 250w halides over it that are 12" above the tank. This works out great for chalices and LPS corals, no matter the placement in the tank. The sps corals have to be located up fairly high to get enough light though. I would say 3 should work just fine. Start the bulbs about a foot off the tank and lower down in you need to. With the greater height you will also get a better light spread. As for the bulbs im with Garrett im a radium fan all the way, wont run anything else for halides.

All my pics are with just radium bulbs, there is enough blue in there that all the corals pop ;)