How long to complete the breakin on the AquaC Remora Pro?

Hog Head

My Remora Pro has been up and running for 3-4 weeks now and for the most part will still only produce tea colored skimate. It has made some thicker "nog" a couple of times but definitely not consistently. How much longer should it run like this?

Its already broken in. Maybe try a diffrent skimmer on your tank and see what kind of gunk you pull. Maybe your bio load is to small. Maybe you don't feed you fish enough.

The bio load might be light. One Maroon Clown, about a dozen Damsels, a Gold Rabbitfish, an Engineer Goby Plus coral. As far as the little footballs with fins not getting enough to eat? I don't think so. I do try to feed cleaner foods though. Seaweed and Spirulina based food for the most part with some plankton mixed in once in a while. I did just start feeding silversides to the anemones I just bought though.

I had the same skimmer and it really was finicky as far as getting that collection cup just perfect where it would not pull wet skimmate.

It sounds like your collection cup may be a little low if its getting the tea, but maybe thats where you want it if its not raise it ever so slightly.

I agree that its broken in though.

I had the same skimmer and it really was finicky as far as getting that collection cup just perfect where it would not pull wet skimmate.

It sounds like your collection cup may be a little low if its getting the tea, but maybe thats where you want it if its not raise it ever so slightly.

I agree that its broken in though.

Yes, it skims very wet. I keep raising it a little at a time. Hopefully I will hit the sweet spot. The plan is for a SWC Xtreme 230.