Did a mod

peligro

Ok so I put this in the general dis. Due to the fact that its not an outrageous mod. Lol. And is a general to nano tankers.

Ok due to not having enough funds for a nice skimmer. I bought an oceanic protein skimmer. So its not completely worthless in my books. I did an alright job. So I decided to mod it a bit. I went and got a top fin syphon, and cut about 5 inches off of it. I then cut the openings just before the wood stone open more to allow it to pull more water. Now I put it back together I'm thinking ill probably cut about 1.5" off tomorrow. But so far the contact between the water and bubbles has increased dramatically. And it foaming far more at the top then it ever has. In my opinion it was worth the 5 minutes of work. 10 bucks compared to the 30 they wanted for an acrylic tube that was 12 inches long......

6b3f1384-eadb-79b4.jpg

I'll take a pic of the after math tomorrow.

HTC EVO

Oh I also got these today I think its worth the price. These will replace the jbj baffle sponge. I cut them in half so I get 6 of them instead of 3.

32891112-4e53-32e9.jpg

The were 5 bucks for a pack of 3. Cut in half its 6 for 5 bucks. It's a finer sponge. I get no micro bubbles at all. And I don't have to pay for shipping and the wait. So all pros in my book

HTC EVO

Archived