WTB Pond Stuff

mytshall

I do want to go big

As far as what I have already: Liner (but maybe need more), filter, pump (mag 18 so I would like to go bigger on this so that I can have a waterfall), some rock, various chemicals

Things I'm looking for: bigger pump, fish, plants, more rock, retaining wall stones, ect..... a bobcat for digging

There are no need for "chemicals" in a pond, trust me when I say that you won't want to piece the liner together, the seaming tape is EXPENSIVE!!! cheeper and easyer to get one piece!! The best way to do a pond (just like in the saltwater tank) is to do it right the first time, first, if you want your pond lets say 6 foot round when finnished you should dig an 8 foot round hole and maybe even 9 foot, must use a skimmer box, a UV light ( there are skimmer boxes that house a UV or ya can put one inline ) Flex PVC (easyer to bend and burry!) You will want to use rock like Basalt rock, it stacks much easyer than round rock and is about $150 a ton, get some 3/4 to 1/4 river rock, it is like $32 a ton, for back fill and locking rocks together, get a nice piece of slate for a spillway rock and a couple cans of pond foam to foam it into place