BRS and Glass-Holes Overflow Boxes. Have you used them and how did you like them?

Hog Head

I am looking at the BRS and Glass-Holes overflow boxes for my 150gal tank 48x24x30. The BRS box silicones to the inside back of the tank after you have installed the bulkhead fittings. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/sumps-and-refugiums/aquarium-overflows/aquarium-overflow-overflow-box-2400-gph.html The Glass-Holes box is a solid box that the bulkhead passes through plus the glass. http://www.glass-holes.com/3000-Overflow-Box-Complete-Kit-gh3000kit.htm

I know most you already know about these and I am just looking for input on them. I kind of like the BRS unit because the bulkhead doesn't pass through both the glass and the tank posing a possible leak issue with the bulkhead. I also like the Glass-Holes box because you don't have to worry about the silicone sealing the box to the glass failing and emptying water all over the floor because it overflowed the sump.

So what do you all Think?

There is no leak issue with the gl*******s one. I had a few of them (the 1500 and 750 if I recall well) with no issues.

Last time I build an overflow that I siliconed I had to glue it back with acrylic glue later on.

Not all brs products are born great... I have my collection of broken dosing pumps

There is no leak issue with the gl*******s one. I had a few of them (the 1500 and 750 if I recall well) with no issues.

Last time I build an overflow that I siliconed I had to glue it back with acrylic glue later on.

Not all brs products are born great... I have my collection of broken dosing pumps

I was just a little concerned with the bulkhead with a gasket passing through the glass, then a gasket then the box then the nut.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the glass holes 1500 on my 120g and it works great. No leaks and can be tuned to near silent.

Glass holes overflow kits work great and there are Plenty of happy customers. There is a gasket between the the box so is completely sealed off.

I have a Glass Holes on my 40B and love it. Great customer service also. I mean ya gotta love a company that puts candy in every order!

I also have the glass holes overflow in my 150... I used the dart one... works great' date=' no leak issues! Love it!![/quote']

I'm using one of G-H kits now. They are really great people to deal with.............and the candy is a plus(clap)

I used the GH dual overflow box on a 90g and it was great. It was my first time drilling a tank and it was easy. Near silent, no leaks.

Gillian

Thank you all. With this kind of response, I am no longer worried. Now, as long as I don't talk myself into another 210g tank, I will be ordering the Dart box.

I use magic lube all the time =) I should say for work. I use it on the gaskets for swimming pools and on faucets and any where I need a lube that wont wash off and wont eat away at the rubber seals. great stuff dirty name =)

I use magic lube all the time =) I should say for work. I use it on the gaskets for swimming pools and on faucets and any where I need a lube that wont wash off and wont eat away at the rubber seals. great stuff dirty name =)

Will it cause the gasket to squeeze out? I ask because when I installed the bulkheads on my water barrell, I lubed them up and had problems with them squeezing out when I tightened them up.