Back To Reef

Algae

Been busy setting up a planted tank and while it has been fun I really love reef tanks and need to get back to my somewhat neglected reef tank. Reef tanks are just more dynamic IMHO.

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

The nano powerhead is for the Torpedo Barbs. They are from the high, fast rivers of India and love to

play in fast currants.

DSC_0117.jpg

Time to prune. Growing very fast with fertilizer and CO2! All plumbing in garage:

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Tiger Lilly. A number of leaves are sitting on the surface now:

DSC_0125.jpg

My DIY carbon reactor: CO2 has worked great for me:

DSC_0051.jpg

I am right around 3 bps out of standard .177 ID line in 60 gal. I have my controller set to shut off CO2 after lights are out. I know what you mean about Roselines, Micah! They are notoriously sensitive to oxygen depletion. I am good for the last two months. My CO2 indicator is always green. So far so good...

Very nice planted tank (clap)

I like having both fresh and salt tanks. They both offer a diffrent aspect to the aquaitic world. Plus I have had most of my fresh fish for 5 - 8 years so I'm pretty attached to them.

Welcome back! I was wondering what you were doing after building that stand.

I always think about setting up another planted tank but luckily I never do. You did, and now you are stuck with a lot of weed in a nice glass box ;)

I always think about setting up another planted tank but luckily I never do. You did, and now you are stuck with a lot of weed in a nice glass box ;)

LOL, nice to hear you are getting back into saltwater Franklin. The forum has not been the same since you slipped off the radar.... Planted tanks don't really do it for me either... LOL

Very nice planted tank (clap)

I like having both fresh and salt tanks. They both offer a diffrent aspect to the aquaitic world. Plus I have had most of my fresh fish for 5 - 8 years so I'm pretty attached to them.

Thanks!! And I agree. I just grew up (somewhat) next to the ocean and it feels like coming home with a reef. I began steelhead fishing because I followed them from the ocean to the river.

Please don't tell the DEA, Alex!

LOL' date=' nice to hear you are getting back into saltwater Franklin. The forum has not been the same since you slipped off the radar.... Planted tanks don't really do it for me either... LOL[/quote']

Thanks, Kim! I came to the forum for the info but stayed for the polls! Besides, Roger need someone to help him out his long repressed "inner hippie"!!!!

Light hood looks amazing franklin! Nice planted tank

Hey Shaun! Good to hear from ya!! The Clayster told me you've been around. Going to the meeting, buddy? Great to hear from old friends!

Archived