HATE RO/DI UNITS

pnkrcklives

Cant get a break with these stupid things. Only been using this for a few months. I believe it has cost me more than it has saved(both time and money). Had to extract water out of the carpet cause I left it on. Then it would not work right do I rebuilt the whole thing. Worked great for a couple weeks. Now today it was leaking at the inlet fitting. Resulting in soaked carpet again. Looks like I will be extracting the carpet once again. Feel free to share your RO/DI horror stories. Then we can all join up and shoot/explode a bunch of units using high powered rifles and tannerite.(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame). Anyone want to start selling me water? I dont need much since I am only running a 30 cube right now.

You can purchase auto shut off devices for the RO/DI units. Using these along with latching relays can make your water automatically by turning on when a float on the bottom sinks and turning it off when a float at the top senses the tank is full. No more wet carpet then!

You can purchase auto shut off devices for the RO/DI units. Using these along with latching relays can make your water automatically by turning on when a float on the bottom sinks and turning it off when a float at the top senses the tank is full. No more wet carpet then!

After the forgetting to shut it off I put in float switches. It now automatic

ally shuts off. The problem this time is it decided to leak at the inlet line right out of the faucet it is on. Can you put a switch or relay of some kind right at the faucet source that shuts the supply off completely?

Saw a device on BRS that will sense water on the floor and shut the flow off to the unit. I am going to be needing that device myself... Sigh.

I believe they make these devices for washing machines that are on an upper floor of a house. You might be able to pick one up at Home Depot or Lowes.

I believe they make these devices for washing machines that are on an upper floor of a house. You might be able to pick one up at Home Depot or Lowes.

I will take a look for something like this

yeah its called your apex.
I have a reef keeper lite do you know if that would be capable of doing the same thing?

I have a BRS 5 stage and the only problem i've had is with the coating rusting/peeling off. I'd try closing off the unit you use to access the supply line and try another one, maybe you left out a seal or were'nt given one cause i've never heard of an issue like this. But i've deffinately soaked my carpet many times. Good Luck.

I read about these disasters a lot and I am glad I don't have the problem. I have a small tank and I mounted my RO filter under the sink and have a drinking water valve on it. I put a five gallon bucket in the sink, turn the valve on it and wait for it to fill up. I never have any problems with overflow because it is in the sink and it has drainage built in. No bells and whistles as long as you plumb it correctly, and we get a good purified drinking water source as well. (wife)

Archived