First Tank!!

StevenW

You might have seen the gun that i had for trade on a tank...well i finally got one!

Previously i was renting realestate in my brothers 30g but it was a bit small and it wasn't mine here's the new one. aside from gas i had spend about $13 to get it where it is now

• 100g glass tank with wooden hood/stand
  • lights=4 t5's, 2 MH, LED moonlights
  • sump probably smaller than it should be
  • external skimmer
  • 75g RO system

Tank came with some livestock and live rock

• Blue Tang
  • Sailfin
  • Purple Tang
  • 2 clowns
  • BTA
  • trumpet corals
  • Zoo's
  • shrooms
  • frogspawn
  • few others

And my livestock from my brothers tank

• 2 clowns
  • flowerpot coral
  • octupus frogspawn
  • duncan
  • few others

Here are a few pics during set up and switching tanks

[ATTACH]12637[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12638[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12639[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12640[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12641[/ATTACH]

Enjoy!!

post-8767-141867789219_thumb.jpg

post-8767-141867789223_thumb.jpg

post-8767-141867789226_thumb.jpg

post-8767-14186778923_thumb.jpg

post-8767-141867789234_thumb.jpg

Good score Steve! I'll bet you probably got a nice stock list built in your head already! The funnest thing about a new tank is all the new doo-dads that go along with them.

Yeah as you already knew I was lookin for a complete set up and as far as the list for livestock I'm actually not too sure at the moment Im thinkin about getting rid of a couple clowns that came with it and one skunk clown I already had not sure what else to get though

But im open to suggestions!!!!

Good score Steve! I'll bet you probably got a nice stock list built in your head already! The funnest thing about a new tank is all the new doo-dads that go along with them.

Yeah as you already knew I was lookin for a complete set up and as far as the list for livestock I'm actually not too sure at the moment Im thinkin about getting rid of a couple clowns that came with it and one skunk clown I already had not sure what else to get though

You should totally get rid of that purple tang, i"ll do you a solid and even take it off your hands! (plotting)(whistle)

You should totally get rid of that purple tang' date=' i"ll do you a solid and even take it off your hands! (plotting)(whistle)[/quote']

Yeah sure come by when ever I'll give you an extra $100 while I'm at it

Congrats on the tank. Let me know when you want me to come out and check it out. I will bring empty bags with me in case you need to get rid of anything!! lol

Come over tomorrow if you can, I'll text you

Congrats on the tank. Let me know when you want me to come out and check it out. I will bring empty bags with me in case you need to get rid of anything!! lol

Come over tomorrow if you can, I'll text you

• 3 weeks later...

Put in the new sump today. Although I had to slightly modify the stand to make it fit and learn how to cut glass to make it. It's working good though and I needed to replace the box that had about 10g of water in it before. Cost about 45 bucks to make including the tank.

Pics below

post-8767-141867761779_thumb.jpg

post-8767-141867761781_thumb.jpg

Archived