custom box

g81

Hey everyone.

im looking to try to expand my sump im wanting to make a custom filter sock holder that will set next to my sump and overflow from that into my sump, so i can make a refugium ect.. in my sump

looking for something around 8" wide 12" deep18-20" tall a bracking built in for a sock would be awsome.

does anyone make anything like this? or is this a dumb idea?

i know you can make stuff yourself. i dont wnat to try i know i would mess it up

in principle, not that crazy, but also not super easy...possible, any of the acrylic gurus here could do it, but the question is why not just look for a new sump to fill the need? or:

if you're hoping to make a home for macrofauna (worms, algae, pods, rotifers, whatever), think about mounting a tank above your DT. run a branch of your return (from the sump) to it, maybe 5-10x the fuge's volume, have it drain into the DT for persistent feeding of healthy, live food. it could take some finagling to make sure the little critters are stirred up enough to get into the fuge's drain, but not so stirred up that they can't persist and multiply

i would love a new sump. i tried a used glass one and it leaked all over my carpet.

i have a large return pump and 3 smaller pumps 2 run my canisters and one runs my chiller

and i also have a filter sock and a skimmer all in my 2 stage sump.

i have a 45g tank or so. so im stock with only a small area for a sump in the base.

12"deep16" tall 24" long is what i have now

i can fit

31" long 12" deep roughly 16-17" tall is my limit

I did almost the exact same thing, but instead of having an expensive acrylic one made I just went and bought a small waste paper basket from office depot. As long as its hdpe its fine to use. Then slap a uniseal (available at the premium aquarium) in the side and plumb in an overflow.

I couldnt find the thread but heres the pics from it.

the plan

Untitled.jpg

the finished product.

DSC02774.jpg

I put it on a brick just so there was more room between the water level and the top of the basket.

I did almost the exact same thing, but instead of having an expensive acrylic one made I just went and bought a small waste paper basket from office depot. As long as its hdpe its fine to use. Then slap a uniseal (available at the premium aquarium) in the side and plumb in an overflow.

I couldnt find the thread but heres the pics from it.

the plan

Untitled.jpg

the finished product.

DSC02774.jpg

I put it on a brick just so there was more room between the water level and the top of the basket.

thats a great idea thats pretty much the same thing im wanting to do, im so limited in space having a smaller tank everything has to fit in the base.

thanks!!!

Archived