May Meeting

Chief

We are still looking for some Portland/Salem volunteers. You may have noticed that we do not have a location set for the May 20th meeting yet.

Here is an alternative option.

Beaverton Library

I was looking at meeting room A. It has a kitchen and some nice places to sit. There will be no tanks to look at. What do you think. I would like to do these meetings in peoples homes, but with our size ( sometimes 40 attendees ) it is hard. In a LFS, it is hard to hear, there is nowhere to sit, and we take up some of their business time. As we grow, it is going to be harder and harder to find a location for our meetings. The library will be a temporary fix. They do not allow and donations, membership fees, raffles, etc. Other than that, it was perfect. It would be nice if we could find a base of operations in the Portland area, that would let us set up a tank for the public. If anybody has any ideas, I am open to them.

Jay

I wish I had a better idea. I think no raffle, etc. will be hard on attendance. As it helps future fundings also. We go for the varietie of stock and setups We may take up some business time at the LSF but most of us end up buying something from them to. I really feel that the shops should keep us setup for the meetings. I had never been in the last one before in Portland. I know it was noisy there. I like to see the different livestock and owners. I am totally death in one ear and it is hard for me to hear but I still would rather be at a shop. There is just something about the quietness of a library that makes me want to be loud!!!!!