Meetings??

StevenW

Its a secret society that usually involves some form of an 'initiation' or being 'jumped in.' Its not all that bad, my bruises healed up after a couple weeks.

But no seriously, the meetings are usually just a hang out for fellow reef addicts. Sometimes there will be a guest speaker to talk about something saltwater related, other times its just meeting up to stare at peoples nice tanks, or have a raffle, frag swap, bbq, etc. They are fun, definitely worth checking out. Also its a great time to arrange to swap frags, sell/trade equipment, or just get inspiration for your own tank(s). Most of the board members are usually there, and there is a good mix of other people that show up also from the meetings I have been to. Check one out sometime, they are fun and pretty laid back. Since most are up in the Portland area, its a great excuse to get up there to go check out a lot of the shops while in town also!

Also, in addition to the monthly meeting, I've been setting up Happy Hours a couple times a month for people who just want to hang out, have a beer and talk about saltwater stuff--without the other person's eyes glazing over and them blankly going, Uh huh...

The happy hours are in Portland/Tigard/Beaverton, but I think there's enough interest in the Salem area that you guys should set one up down there.

The meetings are held monthly unless we do not have a host. If you are a paid member you will get an evite but all members are welcome. Sometimes there is a specific topic or guest speaker. There is one this Saturday. Frank is a host. It's a great way to connect and meet other members as well.

Its a secret society that usually involves some form of an 'initiation' or being 'jumped in.' Its not all that bad, my bruises healed up after a couple weeks.

sounds awsome. im in the national guard so i think i can handle a good hazing HAHA.

These answers are what i was hoping to hear though sounds like good stuff i'll show up to one eventually.

Im sure my borther and I would do happy hour in salem if there ever is one!

Sounds Awsome. Im in the National Guard so i think i can handle a good "hazing" lol

Archived