I Learned Something New Today...

Val

Just thought I would share a bit of information that I discovered today.

I had recently moved some plugs around and today I noticed that one of my water moving pumps that is different from the others,wasn't working correctly. I unplugged it and took it apart and cleaned it some, put it back together and plugged it back in and it still wasn't working right. I could tell it was running, but it wasn't moving the water. I put my hand in front of it and realized that the water was being sucked in instead of blowing out. I was puzzled for a few minutes and looked at the plug and the two prongs were the same size. I turned the plug over and plugged it into the outlet the other way and the pump started working correctly. I am definitely no electrician, but I have never heard of this happening with just a regular outlet plug. I was about to run buy another pump because this had happened before with this pump, but after I had cleaned it, I guess I just happened to plug it in the correct way. Live and Learn!

It's AC power and simply by rotating the plug will not change the rotation of the motor. I did have Koralia pumps spin the oposite way and the problem was fixed just by unplugging the pump and plugging it back it.

Archived