SPONSORSHIP DILEMMA CONT! I guess it isnt over after all!

MVPaquatics

This all truly saddens me a great deal it has come to this. I got to meet Mike on Saturday when he took the GSP rock I needed out of my tank. I offered it up for free, but insisted that I take at least 5 bucks from him. I thought that was very cool of him. I believe that most of the problem here is a giant misunderstanding and things have spiraled a bit out of control. It's unfortunate this causes members to no longer be paid members, or even worse to discontinue coming here. I think everyone has something to offer. I have met most of the BoD personally and they're all great people with great intentions. It's upsetting that previous people in the past have taken advantage of sponsorship trying to make a buck and strict guidelines have had to be put in place. We all need to remember that the rules were put in place to protect the members. The members are the life blood of the forum and the rules are there to protect our best interests. Even though at times they seem a bit over the top in certain situations. No system is perfect and like many have said before this is all done by volunteers. I suppose the lesson in this is to never allow exceptions. It causes too many what ifs. As many others have stated its not terribly difficult to set up a website and go from there. I hope there are no hard feelings towards anyone as we are all here for love of the hobby. This is just my opinion and hope this all smooths out soon.

I would like to comment on a couple of items about this thread. First of all I am very disappointed that it even ever happened in the first place. But now let put a couple of things out on the table so that all can read.

First of all the club has guidlines on the requirements to be a sponsor. Those guidlines were put in place a few years back to protect the current sponsors as well as the members. Up until this thread there has not been one exception to the rules that I am aware of specifically because something like this would happen. I can say that I am pretty certain of this as I was on the board at the time of the implemetation of the current guidlines.

Mike came to the board asking to become a sponsor as was denied sponsorship based on these rules. He contested these rules asking for an exception based on being a maintanence business ans was told that we would get back to him after the next time the board got together. I believe that the board did not get together for approx. 3 months and Mike got upset, rightfully so as I could understand why he would feel left out or discriminated against. The board met last week and agreed to make an exception to allow Mike to become a sponsor. He did receive an PM from Roy with the acceptance of his sponsorship as well as a second PM from Alex with the conditions.

After getting upset about these conditions he sent a PM and with little to no time allowed to respond and started this thread. I am sorry but pretty much every one of us has a job and family and most cannot respond during the day so out of frustration he starts another rant. I am sorry but at no time before yesterday has he EVER expressed any intention of starting an ecommerce site as if he had we never would have had this problem in the first place.

Now lets address the issue that he continually brings up about not following the same rules for everybody else that we have applied to him. First of all I personally am very rigid on the rules for the exact reason that I am posting this response. I have nothing personal against Mike as we have met in the past and I think he has contributed to the members and TFT programs in the club and for that I feel he is an asset to the forums. There are 2 sponsors that I believe he is referring to that I am not going to name as it is not important that currently do not meet the requirements of sponsorship. BOTH of these sponsors did meet the requirements at the time they were accepted and since closed their stores. Their sponsorship was paid in full at the time of closure and we did not delete their sponsorship as it was paid. Both sposors have been notified that they do not meet the current requirements and will not be renewed at their next renewal time due to those requirements unless the conditions of the business change to allow them to continue.

I am very frustrated at this situation and IMO should have been handled differently. It appears that Mike has started an ecommerce site and if he still wants to become a sponsor he has been approved. I would ask that when he has problems that he addresses them to the ENTIRE board and gives them time to respond. The continued rants and ultimatums of involvement and participation are not going to gain him any advantage in the situation and only continues to create drama that this club does not need any more of.

MVPaquatics@hotmail. 503-680-3343 is my contact. I am not looking to sponsor if I am censored. No one else is, and the same rules dont apply to everyone.

If rules are rules, enforce them. I can play that way. But you arent, so I am calling the situation out. It is quite obvious you are protecting/favoring sponsors. If I am not the favorite fine, but your practices/motives are a little funky, no question about it

What are you talking about??? The rules are you need a brick and morrtar/web site and you DON'T have one!!! If YOU would play by the rules and not try to use our club for personal gain this wouldn't be a problem. If your "free" advice comes with the price that we let you undercut the other sponsors then take it some where else.

It is hillarious that you feel censored, since this thread has not been taken down. Our BOD is looking out for the best intressts of the club, they (unlike you) are not trying to profit financially from the web site.

What are you talking about??? The rules are you need a brick and morrtar/web site and you DON'T have one!!! If YOU would play by the rules and not try to use our club for personal gain this wouldn't be a problem. If your "free" advice comes with the price that we let you undercut the other sponsors then take it some where else.

It is hillarious that you feel censored, since this thread has not been taken down. Our BOD is looking out for the best intressts of the club, they (unlike you) are not trying to profit financially from the web site.

I'm not sure that's the kind of message the board or club is trying to say....

I am going to have to say -1 to that.....Jody profits financially but to me provides more than most with information, willingness to help, and donations.....from what I can tell MVP comes from the same vine....

Archived