a plywood reef tank?

Mike nickerson

I've made a few.... Plywood tanks only seem to work out if you are going really big 300g or bigger. The smaller tanks are easier to find used or have made for you from a local guy out of acrylic. Fiberglass is cheap, I don't know if I'd do pondliner unless you only wanted to view from the top. I've been using pondliner as a large sump for my show salt tank here at the store with no ill effects so far... Getting a large piece of glass for the viewing window is going to be the biggest expense. Then 3/4 or 1" plywood(also not cheep) But overall the tank making experience is not very hard. Good luck. Post lots of pics.

I did some research on plywood tanks and by the time its all said and done' date=' it cost about the same as an acrylic tank.[/quote']

imlooking to make a tank 250g bigger and that would cost alot more made from acrylic

If you lined the tank with pondliner instead of fiberglass' date=' it would cost allot less and last allot longer.[/quote']

yeah i planed on using a type of marine safe liquid rubber and possible reinforce the corners with fiberglass

I've made a few.... Plywood tanks only seem to work out if you are going really big 300g or bigger. The smaller tanks are easier to find used or have made for you from a local guy out of acrylic. Fiberglass is cheap' date=' I don't know if I'd do pondliner unless you only wanted to view from the top. I've been using pondliner as a large sump for my show salt tank here at the store with no ill effects so far... Getting a large piece of glass for the viewing window is going to be the biggest expense. Then 3/4 or 1" plywood(also not cheep) But overall the tank making experience is not very hard. Good luck. Post lots of pics.[/quote']

yeah i planed on making it 250 or 300g thats why i would go with a plywood tank alot cheaper unless theres someone that has decent prices for larger custom tanks

Archived