Capturing rain water

C0lin

I wouldn't, would have to filter out the stuff that collects in your gutters, but to mention the stuff that you be throwing in your tank that you cannot see.unless you just put buckets in the driveway, probably not worth the trouble for that amount, IMHO

If you were to do a large 100gal or so you would have to pump it thru a RO/DI unit first, I have considered it for use around the yard, not the tank but when I consider our water bill is so cheap and hasn't changed even with the tank and a swimming pool its not really worth it. It would be cool for your survival strategy (2012) and one of those berkly filters or whatever the name is, I'm banking on my pool LOL

I had thought of doing this as well. Untill I found out how expensive the pump to run it through my ro unit was and figured out it would take along time to make up the monitary difference. I will continue using the tap and collection the waste from my ro/di to water my garden and wash my cars.

I had thought of doing this as well. Untill I found out how expensive the pump to run it through my ro unit was and figured out it would take along time to make up the monitary difference. I will continue using the tap and collection the waste from my ro/di to water my garden and wash my cars.

Same here in the summer I have the waste plumbed with 1/4" right to the garden, I called BRS and they said it was fine as long as the back pressure was minimal

Mine is right by the washer too I should start doing that as well. Actually I am going to do it tonight.

Make sure you do not overfill the washer.this time of year,10 gallons of ro water fills my washer, since the water is so cold.in the summer I can make 15 gallons, since the water is warmer.

Mine is right by the washer too I should start doing that as well. Actually I am going to do it tonight.

Make sure you do not overfill the washer. tnis time of year,10 gallons of ro water fills my washer, since the water is so cold.in the summer I can make 15 gallons, since the water is warmer.

AS i do not have an ro unit and my lfs is somewhat far away i collected rain water and tested it a few times. glass container was washed and rinsed with distilled water.

most everything came out at zero but there were quite a bit of phosphates in it. I do live in the middle of the redwoods so im assuming that tree pollen had something to do with it. get some and test it is all im saying. im sure it is doable.

Archived