no live rock tanks.

Ron Popeil

i was just skimming these threads, but until i saw the pictures i was thinking how ridiculous this all sounds. i love sand. i love live rock. i think a tank without them robs the aquarist of the simplest of joys from the hobby. bare bottom and the no-detritus sterile tank movement is an interesting approach, but i cant relate to desiring such a look; they look too much like the for-sale coral tanks at most fish stores and not like a segment of an oceanic reef.

but anyways, check out this thread. if nothing else for the pictures.

http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74534

I agree. It looks like a picture of the TIP of a reef. Something is just missing....OH yeah the REEF itself =)

Its like having just the tip of the tree (just the top branches) growing out of the ground in your front yard and no attached trunk.

Not for me =)

-Dew

Yuck, thats all i can say. So unnatural looking.

Its good for stores because it does keep the tanks very clean. But, from a hobbyist point of view. It just doesnt look natural, just like you said.

Maybe if growing sps was my only goal, then i would do it, but i want a little peice of reef in my living room, not that thing...

fwiw

i kinda like it, of course theres a couple things id change like i would elevate some of the corals with acrylic rods at diff hights to give some dimention but other than that its something diff and unique with the added pluss of not spending $6.00 a lb. for live rock.