water level in built in overflow

FatChevy

well I did that and now the toilet bowl flushing is back.

its like a lose lose for me lol

I took the standpipe out and just ran a 1" pipe. left the ball valve for the return fully open. started closing the drain but no matter how much i close it, its still making that annoying noise.

Sounds like your getting siphening in your return pipe. Most people drill a hole the size of fishtank air tube' date=' in the top of the 90 of your stand pipe.Then slide the tubing up and down till you fined the sweet spot.[/quote']

and that will fix the problem?

it might, I'd drill that hole and actually put an airline tube in it, then lead that airline so its end is at you're freak-out-it's-too-high water level. that way you'll effectively be running a durso standpipe unless the water level gets too high, then the water will cover the airline's end and cause a full siphon to really drop the level down.

if you do that it's raising to a siphon and 'flushing', you're running too much gph through the return (assuming the drain's valve is full-open), so throttle back the return. take a look at the bean animal overflow, what I just described is essentially the 'durso' of his three standpipes.

Archived