Fish Food

racefan

I made me some food today. I just fed the fish some, they went NUTS for it! I'm happy with it. I went to Winco & seeing as they did not have a Seafood gumbo type mix I bought one of each of these, Squid, Octopus, Scallop & Smelt. And bought two large Shrimp & Oysters. Six Mussels & Clams. I also added (but forgot to put in the picture) Mysis, Brine Shrimp & cyclopeze.Then I tossed in some fish eggs, Phytoplankton, Zoe, Nori, a small bit of finely chopped broccoli & a bit of minced fresh garlic.

Mistake#1- Using the good household blender to chop it up. Mistake#2 (most likely the biggest one) making it in the kitchen while my wife is sick on the couch with the flu.If that smell did not make toss her cookies & me both out the door(laugh)(laugh) A nice little bleach solution soak fixed the blender & the windows open on a freezing cold day kinda fixed the smell.

DSCF2334sm.jpg

Nice job on your food i just started making mine as well a few weeks ago it is a lot of fun and the fish love it so much, i love having such diversity in the food and knowing everything that is going into it, yeah the smell is aweful i did mine after my wife went to bed other wise i wouldnt have never of heard the end of it

Sounds like you did a good job on that food. You put quite the variety in there. If I made that food with my wife's blender in the house, my tank would be on the for sale thread the next day. She hates seafood! Yes all of it. Loves to look at the tank, but never wants to smell or taste a thing from the ocean. Lol

• 1 month later...

Archived