Anyone use electrical tape in reef tank?

huskerduck

I could really make some much needed changes to my loc-line ends but they dont quite fit being different brands, electrical tape would fix it with ease.

I tried different types of glues but nothing sticks in my tests ( what happened to the good ole days when you could glue plastic?)

Ive seen quite a few on other forums mentioning using it on skimmers and such but the more the merrier for piece of mind

I could also hard pipe but I like the loc-line because I bend it around to clean behind rock every now and then, really keeps the tank amazing looking

I say staple it! You could tie it together with a shoestring, wire it up with coat hanger, maybe duct tape(or the underwater version DUCK tape), heck,...you are a welder, maybe mig, tig, or arc, would do the trick! (kiddin) I'll have those pieces for you this afternoon. Ryan

As far as Teflon tape, it sort of works, but as you push the eductor over the "ball" it slightly loosens up. I tried this several times last night

Electrical tape just has a habit of really tightening things up.

I picked up an Eductor to play with and it really seems to make a nice wide flow pattern and seems to add ALOT of flow judging from the movement on the top of the tank and below as the sand is re-arranging.

I think Ryan was claiming a 40%-60% increase in flow but I was reading where a proper enductor can increase flow 4-5 times and Im guessing its quite a bit more than it appears.

LOL Ryan, I will weld'er up,

Ryan, I forgot to mention,

My RO unit has an auto shut off on the waste, cool eh.

Jason has a really, really cool fail proof do-dad with a fail safe shut off but the thing is sort of outrageous in price but it does seem rather a necessity for someone with an RO system that continues to run the waste water while the good water is off

I will give it another whirl, somewhere I have a roll of the heavy duty pink teflon tape. I think its quadruple thick compared to normal. I think I wrapped the knuckle 20 times and it never held up to the " pop over"

I was thinking maybe shrink tube as well but all my shrink tubing has glue in it as well for underground wiring or well pump wiring. Not sure if the black stuff has some chemical makeup thats harmful