Wave2K

biomekanic

• 2 weeks later...

its been brought up that wavemakers like this and the tunze one just move the water back and forth abought an inch or two basicaly giving the corals the same water over and over, whare as if you were to have a seaswirl or OM its a constant new sorce of wateinging food and newtriants to the corals. i think it kinda looks cool but cant justify the price because it looks cool.

The thing about these is they are not designed to be the only water mover in the tank. They are designed to work with a closed loop or something else along those lines, your powerhead's or whatever. That way they are working with new water in a sense all the time. As new of water as you can get i guess inside a closed system.

I have also read much better things about the tunze wavebox than the wave2k. I am actually in the process of building/having built a wavebox or 2 for my 240cube. I will let you know if and how it works out.

fwiw

• 1 month later...
The thing about these is they are not designed to be the only water mover in the tank. They are designed to work with a closed loop or something else along those lines, your powerhead's or whatever. That way they are working with new water in a sense all the time. As new of water as you can get i guess inside a closed system.

I have also read much better things about the tunze wavebox than the wave2k. I am actually in the process of building/having built a wavebox or 2 for my 240cube. I will let you know if and how it works out.

fwiw

The owner of the company says that you should not use any other sort of water motion device.

fwiw

When I spoke with the owner of the company says that you should not use any other sort of water motion device. That these do great on their own and a PH or something of the like, will throw it off.