Slow leak

Gilliroo

Have you added water or changed the flow in your tank recently? Sometimes water will seep over the top rim as most companies don't seal the top of the aquarium. I have an aquarium set up right now in my living room that is 15 years old and has never been resealed. Not all tank companies are created equal, but most seals will last a long time. I think my oldest tank right now is around 20 years and I will have no hesitation that it will hold water when I fill it back up and these aquariums have been carted over 2000 miles.

Thanks for all of the advice! We are using the tank leak as an excuse for some upgrades. Charles (Wanareef) is making us a custom acrylic tank with a coast to coast overflow. When we drain the old tank, we're going to relocate it so that it's next to an exterior wall. I had thought that our floors had settled under the tank and that it was no longer level, but it was perfectly level when I measured. Still, it seems prudent to place it where the floors don't creak when the kids thunder through. :)

We're also considering upgrading the T5s to LEDs using one of the DIY systems. Kendra built one for our nano last year and it wasn't too hard. It looks like the kits are easier to use now, too. Any feedback on the rapid led and reef led systems?

Thanks!

Gillian

the fixture i made was modeled after eugenereef's i went with 28 LEDs 14 royal blue and 14 cool white for a 40B its prefrence though i think Eugenereef actually has a 90G he built his for and i wanna say he has 56 or 58 but not sure i believe he has a thread showing it off the main thing is figuring out what you want to control them with or if you want a simple constant current if you go with dimmable make sure you get the right one for the control you plan to use i also have a build thread on here for mine if you wanna get a little more detail on mine

Archived