beananimal overflow

Frank

So new tank is up and running. Im running a beananimal overflow and its not silence (flame). I have tried to adjust slowly but it is to much so I'm looking to see if someone can stop by and show me what I'm not doing right.

One it loud and when I adjust slow it start to flush on me.

Hi Frank,

I'm not in the area, but can you show some pictures of the setup so we can see how you've got it going?

I'll run down the basics:

1. You should only be restricting flow on the "main" full siphon tube. A gate valve is far superior than a ball valve for this.

2. Make sure there are no air leaks around the edges of the pvc elbows going into your bulkheads. I had this issue and it was causing air to seep into my full siphon and cause noise.

3. The secondary tube should have the airline in the top of it open to air so that it does not create a full siphon. Nor should this tube have so much flow to it that it "almost' gets to a full siphon - that is the cause of a lot of noise.

Give us some more info about how you have it adjusted and I'll give some feedback.

-Mike

Frank

Remember that the water level is in the middle of the elbow - the horizontal part that connects to the Sanitary "T" and should be about 1" below the teeth or there about.

You do have the ends separate at the sump end?

Good points. Also, you want to make sure the discharge ends are below the surface of the water in the sump about 1" (give or take).

-Mike

Yes to all above... this is why it driven me crazy I have checked all of those and all good and still sounds like a water fall. To me I cant get the water high enough in the overflow box with out it being loud or start to flush.

Yes to all above... this is why it driven me crazy I have checked all of those and all good and still sounds like a water fall. To me I cant get the water high enough in the overflow box with out it being loud or start to flush.

If you close the gate/ball valve on the main (full) siphon tube, the water level should rise until the the 2nd tube tries to take over.

Open the full siphon valve completely (and all the other ones, if you have them on the other lines), and then slowly close the main siphon valve a bit at a time and wait 10-15s for the water to catch up in the weir. Repeat until it rises to where the 2nd one starts taking water but not "gulps".

Believe me, from experience it is loud as heck until you hit that sweet spot and then it's so quiet you'll be amazed.

Have you posted any pictures of your setup we could check out?

-Mike

PS: One more thing: I've found that having the gate valve right now near the sump termination of the full siphon tube works better than up where the weir is at. Having a full tube of water pushing down at the gate valve really helps to any trapped air out of the siphon tube.

PPS: you're not venting the full siphon stack like you do the secondary one, are you?

Here are the pics

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

So I close the valve and the other takes over then I slowly close the valve till the second one takes over and back off a touch but at that point its still to loud. I dont think I have the tee's high enough. And the siphon is vented just below the water line.

I can't tell from your pictures, but did you say that your main siphon line is vented? It should not be vented in any way. You do not want air getting into that system ever. Only the secondary drain should have a vent tube that terminates just ABOVE the waterline. You do not want the secondary air vent taking in water unless there is a problem with the main drain line and the water level rises to cover the secondary air vent.

So I close the valve and the other takes over then I slowly close the valve till the second one takes over and back off a touch but at that point its still to loud. I dont think I have the tee's high enough. And the siphon is vented just below the water line.

I just want to make sure we're saying the same thing:

a) Open fully ALL of the valves on the drain lines (if you have them on more than 1 drain).

b) Slowly close ONLY the main siphon valve until the water level in the weir begins to rise.

c) Make sure the secondary air vent tube is above the waterline - or better yet: for initial startup and tuning purposes just get it out of the weir completely for now. Under normal operation it should be about 1" above the steady waterline - it's only a safety measure, and not meant to be submerged all the time.

d) when the water is about 1" from the top of the "T" (a lot like the level of the water in picture #2) and holding steady, you should be at about the right amount of closure for the main siphon valve. All other valves should remain 100% open. The secondary drain should be handling all extra water at this point pretty much silently.

I've found on my system that any adjustments take 15-30 seconds to take effect so give it some time to react. Also, mine took about a good week to get a nice "slime" buildup on everything and it was even more quiet after that.

As I mentioned in the previous post, if you have vent tube on the main siphon drain, plug or remove it completely. It does not belong in this system.

-Mike

So I'll throw my 2 cents in-My Bean animal did exactly as you are describing, I deduced mine was from not enough flow into the tank from that dang manifold I added the restricted the flow to much.

If evrything that has been advised does not work, you can do as I did-i drilled a whole in the "main" drain and both it and the back up are open 100%.

Is this a bean animal-no

is it 100% silent-yes

when I simulate a power failure does it restore to the level it was once power is back-yes

does the emergency drain function and keep up with the volume-yes

Will I try and fix it someday-maybe (laugh)

Its silent, it works, and I got enough on my plate that is higher on the list-I spent the hours as you are trying to make it work as everyone is describing-Charles even saw it and thats when process of elimination "we" determined it was not enough flow into the tank

Good luck, been there done that DOH!

Archived