New Coral Beauty behavior?

Hewey McLovit

So I added a 2" coral beauty angel to my 90 gallon main tank that looked healthy and fat. The fish is eating algae like it's going out of style and seems to be eating mytis shrimp. I noticed within a couple of hours that it was briskly brushing up against the rocks. From what i understand that can be a sign of parasites/ich? I don't see any noticeable Ich but do realize that some are difficult to see and that they may be on his gills. The following day he found the pistol shrimp and was letting it clean it, which seemed like a strange task for the pistol. I have been soaking the seaweed and food in garlic to try and improve his health. Trying to 'fish' him out is out of the question d/t the tank having too many places to hide. He's been in for 4 days and still looks really healthy.

All my fish are very healthy:

a pair of Mated Marroon clowns

a pair of Anthias

Christmas Wrasse

Gobie wan kenobi (watchman)

Any recommendations?

ya thats odd is your gobie paired up with the pistol? my watch man gobie is very protective of the pistol and will not let any fish near it but I also have a cleaner shrimp maybe google the beauty & pistol shrimp....... if nothing else try getting a pic them together

ya thats odd is your gobie paired up with the pistol? my watch man gobie is very protective of the pistol and will not let any fish near it but I also have a cleaner shrimp maybe google the beauty & pistol shrimp....... if nothing else try getting a pic them together

Ya it is paired i guess? They have been 'together' for the last year and a half, but the goby rarely leaves the far left of the tank, and the pistol has a network of caves that go all that covers about 3/4 of my 90 corner. Gobie Wan is aggressive if someone comes near his 'holes' on the left, but the cleaning has be on the right side of the tank. I will try and get a pic/video.

Archived