Need use Apex display

Frank

Its pretty easy... BUT MAKE SURE that you take your laptop and hook it directly up to the apex base module with a hardwire ethernet cable, NO WIRELESS! I made that mistake, lol.

Basically you download the new firmware from the website, disable any wireless on your laptop, start the auto updater. You have to enter the IP address of the apex and also your user name and password, then it just updates. Have done mine regularly over the last couple of years and just did Daniks last night....

Have you read the unofficial apex user guide? There is a chapter at the end on updating the firmware. It will tell you how to hook up the computer and setup a static IP address so it can update.

Its pretty easy... BUT MAKE SURE that you take your laptop and hook it directly up to the apex base module with a hardwire ethernet cable, NO WIRELESS! I made that mistake, lol.

Basically you download the new firmware from the website, disable any wireless on your laptop, start the auto updater. You have to enter the IP address of the apex and also your user name and password, then it just updates. Have done mine regularly over the last couple of years and just did Daniks last night....

Have you read the unofficial apex user guide? There is a chapter at the end on updating the firmware. It will tell you how to hook up the computer and setup a static IP address so it can update.

Good to know-Thanks!

Archived