RO/DI system Question

TNoel

Hello,

I just put together my RO/DI sytem, and I have a question about flow control. I have a 50 gpd membrane and my flow control says 300 on it. I think this is for a lower flow membrane (36 gpd maybe) does anybody know what effect this will have on my system. It is making good product,

0 ppm. I just am not sure what will be the long term effects, wasting too much H2O, shorter membrane life, etc.

Thanks for any input, Tom

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
My 75 gallon per day membraine has a flow restrictor that says 500 so I think it is just a # and if it is what came with it it will be fine.

That "500" means 500 ml/minute. If you have factory spec conditions, that flow restrictor will yield a 2.5 to 1, rather than the appropriate 4:1 ratio. We're finding that many of the cut rate (ebay) systems are coming with the wrong flow restrictors installed. If that ratio of waste water to purified water is too low, you'll shorten the useable life of the RO membrane.

Russ