purple death & pink elephant paly

loke

Well, heres some I took as they were opening...the pics sux btw

Excuse the messy tank..

purpledeathpaly.jpg

Top down shot of ppl death (the brown blob is a gorgonian)

pupledeathtopdown.jpg

The Pink elephants aren't fully open yet so I haven't shot any yet.

thanks vanz. I got them from a long distant reefer. kama'aina rates, eh? lol, hawaiian kama'aina or oregon kama'aina?!?

Thanks also impur, yep its a big frag considering they are $50/polyp animals. I think I counted 13 or so polyps on that one and 8 polyps on the pinks. I don't even want to think about how much I payed, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks vanz. I got them from a long distant reefer. kama'aina rates, eh? lol, hawaiian kama'aina or oregon kama'aina?!?

Thanks also impur, yep its a big frag considering they are $50/polyp animals. I think I counted 13 or so polyps on that one and 8 polyps on the pinks. I don't even want to think about how much I payed, lol.

yow!! 50 a polyp and i thought my 35 a polyp i sell at was high lol.

yeah its crazy huh. Fragglereef sells (not right now) the PEs for $99 for 2 polyp frags, and I've seen the pdp go for $50 on the boards (and sell out). I was just curious and am watching this auction to see how much one polyp will sell for. Its got 4 hours left and is currently at $33. I got a good deal relative to what they go for but still expensive. My elephants I dont know if they will make it, :( I lost 2 polyps that only somewhat opened.

Those don't quite look like PDs to me(the ebay ones). PDs don't have those striations from the mouth to the skirt tentacles, and they don't have a mouth like that. Those are zoanthids and PDs are protopalys.

My PDs from Randy started as 2 or 3 polyps and i'm up to about 15 now in about 2 months i think. :D

Those don't quite look like PDs to me(the ebay ones). PDs don't have those striations from the mouth to the skirt tentacles, and they don't have a mouth like that. Those are zoanthids and PDs are protopalys.

My PDs from Jody started as 2 or 3 polyps and i'm up to about 15 now in about 2 months i think. :D

wow amazing growth gess mine would be that way to if id stop fraging lol.(clap)

I have had these purple polups in my tank for some years now. One very small one came in on a piece of live rock I bought. I have always wondered what they were. Now I see these pictures of the purple death and wonder if they are the same. What do you think?

I’m trying to attach some pictures, this is my first time trying this, hope it works.

Thanks Luis

post-526-141867735708_thumb.jpg

post-526-141867735712_thumb.jpg

post-526-141867735714_thumb.jpg

post-526-141867735717_thumb.jpg