LED Showdown

Smann

I would buy a radion in a heart beat if it did not cost so much stinking money. wish the would come out with a radion nano with all the bells and whistles of its big brother but in a small enough package for us nano types =)

Yeah its kind of strange they don't have the DIY lights that have triple the Crees for a 1/3 of the cost, it also seems like just anyone can vote?

Its funny how the one guy says he owns 4 Radions and the programming is terrible, I thought that was the main thing Radion had going for it was lightning storms

Yeah' date=' I've been watching this. It's interesting, but it's really just a popularity contest. However, interesting that my top 2 choices are the finalists. :)[/quote']

Yeah - there is no actual "evidence" that any one of these is truly better than the other. I haven't heard of most of them, much less USED any of them and I highly doubt that most anyone else out there has either. People vote for what they have heard of more than anything else.

I can also see that they basically threw in the kitchen sink to get all of the brackets filled initially. You've got stuff from all tiers of the LED world thrown in there as if they were somehow all equally powerful and had the same features.

It's a meaningless "competition", on par with any survey quiz found in tabloid magazines or MTV "Who's better: Bieber or Ke$ha? Text us NOW!!!" contests.

The sad part is that there is truly nothing to be learned from this, but I'm sure the Ecotech marketing dept will use it as a free plug (not knocking their product, just their choice of pumping their product via meaningless surveys as people have reported Ecotech emailing them asking them to vote for the Radions).

I think the reason that the AI Sol models didn't make it on the list is because they have been around for quite some time. I think the list is for new units for 2011. That may also explain why no DYI companies made the cut though I think they are focusing on brand name completed units. AI Sols still dominate my quality LED sales and for good reason. At almost half the price of a radion and with very similar functionality, they are quite a bargain and a killer unit. That being said, I do really like the Radion units and have sold a number of them as well with 2 more going to a nice mixed reef next week. I must say that though they may not have what some critics are looking for, they definately have what many customers/hobbiests were demanding. I think they have gone above and beyond but I would like to see the price get a bit more competative. It certainly would help me sell a few more units. AI still gets my overall bang for the buck, best value vote and for good reason. They are just so versatile, use high quality materials, have a fair price point, are expandable/linkable/upgradable, and now come in black!

Archived