Whats your favorite fowlr fish

Blackhand

Well i have decided to stop before i get too deep into a reef tank i dont have much so im glad im stopping now cause i dont have the money to truly make the reef that i want so im going back to my original plan and make an agressive fowlr tank im very excited and want to hear what some of everyones favorites i want some unique fish and figured i know someone on this site knows of some (laugh). I have a 110 gal tank if i remember right its 60wide 18 depth and 26 high also with me changing to fowlr i want to move some rock around to make it more swimming friendly i would assume i have 100-150lbs of rock in there and was wondering if it would be ok if i moved them around or would it stir up too much detrius and such should i remove what i have in there before i do it the system has been running for several years but i dont have much in it a couple fish and a few lps also was wondering about a clean up crew i dont have much and have been wanting to add more soon as money allows (whistle) but what would you advise on putting in for a clean up crew thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.

Harlequin Tusk

any "Big" Angelfish

Triggerfish

Moray eel

yes i want a harlequin tusk so bad definetly on the list, do you think that a 110 gal tank could have a big angelfish or some in it? What kind of triggerfish would you suggest i love the humu humu but would like others as well and yes i want to get a moray eel im thinking of a zebra any ideas thanks

Love my eels and Lion. We have a mix of 4 differnt moray eels' date=' lion fish, groupers, and triggers. The eels are really cool to watch eat and they definately have personality. The lion spits water out of the tank if we are late on feeding.[/quote']

wow four different morays what kinds ah that would be fun, i want to do a lion fish my wife really likes the fuzzy dwarf do you think i could have two different kinds of lions and maybe even multiple eels?

We use turbo snails and halloween crab for a clean up crew. Also have a green serpent star. Have to replenish the snails ever once in awhile because the groupers like to swim around with them in their mouths and suck them out of the shells.

awesome thanks thats what ill get then i have a brittle star already should i get a green serpent as well do you think also what do you use to clean the sand does your fish bother nassarius or sand shifting stars?

Thank you everyone for such great advice I'm looking so forward to getting the new fish now with them being aggressive does that mean I should get them all at the same time and put them in together cause that would take mean while to quite that kind of money also I am wanting some cool non reef wrasses any one have some ideas

I added most of my fish at different times. My triggers and eels pretty much stir the sand for me. I have a 3 foot zebra eel, a 2 1/2 foot yellow head moray, a mexican dragon, and a snowflake eel. My lion is a volitan. I would be careful about putting a dwarf in with some of the eels. My zebra is very timid but my yellow head grabs the lion every once in awhile and gives him a shake. I use to have a green bird wrasse and red coris wrasse in with them but my niger trigger is a brat so moved them out. The triggers I have are a niger and a black. They seem to get along just fine. Also have a blue spot grouper, a gold stripe grouper, and a white spot grouper. Feeding time is a blast watching them all. I would highly warn when it comes to the eels to make sure the whole top of your tank is covered. I had a family member come up and build a frame to fit the top of my tank then I used window screen to cover. We even made sure the screen was tight around any cords or tubes that go into the top of the tank. Eels are sneaky creatures.

wow thanks for the advice it sounds like you really have an amazing fowlr tank and i hope to have one that filled too soon. thanks for the heads up about the lion i will have to try to convince the wife but not sure how thats going to go since we had one for a while and she loved him but for some reason and still dont know why he died

Bird wrasse are really cool' date=' I have always wanted a bannana wrasse too.[/quote']

yeah my wife loves the bird wrasses i like them but have heard they are difficult is this true? And yeah i want a male bannana wrasse really bad probably the one wrasse that i have to get

Archived