Having a Fish Geek Day!

Emerald525

Had a wonderful day today on the search for anemones! I will post up pictures in my anemone thread too! A day in the life of a fish geek:

First Beth and I went to Salem to meet up with Mr. S and do some trading for anemones. For those of you who don't know he is zoa crazy!(nutty)(nutty)

He gave us some really nice anemones! Thanks Roger(clap)(clap)

When you are in Salem you have to go to Garrett's. Roger even opened up the shop for us early!(clap)(clap) Garrett had some really nice anemones too!(drooler)(drooler) We also picked up some turbo snails and a sandsifting star. Garrett was even kind enough to honor the gift certificate we forgot to bring!DOH!DOH! You won't get that kind of service just anywhere!(clap)(clap)

Then we headed to OIAB where Noobtosalt was kind enough to leave the blue hornet frag we won from the TECO growout! Thanks Jesse! We also dropped off the rasta frag that Reefit won.

We brought frag plugs from Mr. S to sell to Cos. Hey Roger guess what you paid your membership dues now!(laugh)(laugh)

We also saw Lewisriverfisherman there! Great to see you! It's been too long! He makes the most amazing beef jerky by the way!

Coz from OIAB donated 15 frags for the TFT fundraiser we are doing at my house at the next meeting in a few weeks!

Thanks OIAB!(clap)(clap) Very generous! We got all kinds of things, nice SPS, . Something for everyone. Very nice stuff! Green slimer, montipora spongiodes, meteor shower cyphastrea, duncans, acans, eagle eye zoas,tenius, toadstool!etc! etc! :

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

Thanks Mr. S, Premium Aquarium, OIAB, Noobtosalt, Lewisriverfisherman!

If you are in the neighborhood you should definitely check out OIAB and Premium Aquarium. It was a fun day!(clap)(clap)

Hey Kim.... you forgot to tell them the best part.... OIAB let us pick out the frags!!! Very generous guys!! Thanks so much, I am hoping that we got a little of something for everyone so that we can make some good money for the TFT projects!!!!

Hey Kim.... you forgot to tell them the best part.... OIAB let us pick out the frags!!! Very generous guys!! Thanks so much' date=' I am hoping that we got a little of something for everyone so that we can make some good money for the TFT projects!!!![/quote']

Thanks Beth! That was the best part. We got to hand pick some choice frags and I think there will be something for everyones taste!

Thanks for swinging by and grabbing some critters! Thanks to Roger for opening the shop up early for you as well! I think those nems are gonna love their new home :) I will be sending Roger up with some donations for the TFT auction as well ;)

It's always a pleasure seeing you Garrett ! Thanks again for the nice deals on the nems! Thanks also for your continued support of the forum and Tanks for Teachers!

Wow girls, it was so "special" spending the morning with you. I am glad that I have now paid my membership fees!!! I hope the anemones all have a happy time in your tank. I will be bringing stuff from Garrett to the meeting. I will also bring some empty tanks to auction off. I hope alot of people show up. There will be some fun times auctioning!!!

Always great seeing you Roger! I even threw in the extta 3 bucks for your membership! That's how I roll! :). I hope we get a big turnout to the meeting! Sounds like we will have lots of great corals and equipment to auction! and I'm truly impressed how easily you can get rbtas off the rock!

Archived