Did I make a mistake? Purple Queen Anthias

souperman

Does anyone have some encouraging success stories or hints on keeping Purple Queens alive? I just brought one home without realizing they are among the most difficult anthias to keep.

It is in QT right now and I'm debating on if a few weeks in copper as a preventative measure would be OK for him. I just got over a battle with ich and do not intend on repeating that.

Does anyone have some encouraging success stories or hints on keeping Purple Queens alive? I just brought one home without realizing they are among the most difficult anthias to keep.

It is in QT right now and I'm debating on if a few weeks in copper as a preventative measure would be OK for him. I just got over a battle with ich and do not intend on repeating that.

Definitely not an easy fish to keep, in fact none of the Anthias species are good long term survivors. One of the most beautiful fish out there but I honestly believe they should just be left in the ocean.

To answer your question I'd Prazi the fish then add it directly to my reef for the best success.

Archived