posting pictures

richmckee

That's awsome!!! Sounds like there isn't much room for improvement???

If you don't think there is a difference between Mac OS X and Windows Vista, then there is no room for improvement. Switching between platforms is quite difficult, however, and this is why VBB maintains it's dominance. I don't know anyone who would want to transfer the current contents of the board to a new system because it's a potential nightmare.

VBB came out in the late 90's and hasn't changed too much in basic functionality/features in quite some time (this is what I was shocked about since I had been away from computers for so long - almost nothing has changed in the world of VBB from an end user standpoint!). So, in my opinion the lack of modern interface is more attributable to the lack of a competition in the BB software market (which I'm sure was greatly affected by the economic downturn as well).

So in the end I'm honestly just surprised that VBB hasn't modernized itself but given the fact that there isn't an economic incentive it makes sense. Why would they want to improve their stuff more than they have to?

If it were up to me I'd just eliminate local picture hosting on the server to save space and leave that up to photobucket since their uploading software is light years ahead of VBB, but that's just me.

If you don't think there is a difference between Mac OS X and Windows Vista' date=' then there is no room for improvement.[/quote']

I have no idea what you just said? LOL j/k. ;)

Seriously though you might as well be speaking French, I'm just glad there are people like you to keep technology moving forward behind the scenes (Im not being sarcastic) :)

We do have some really talented individuals keeping this forum up and running though, so I have a feeling that there are very good reasons that we haven't made the suggested improvements.

We do have some really talented individuals keeping this forum up and running though' date=' so I have a feeling that there are very good reasons that we haven't made the suggested improvements.[/quote']

Yes we do! There are almost no bugs and they've definitely got the best stuff out there. The only thing they should change is the security question when registering your account :) (I guess I'm the only one who didn't know about Nemo)

It's the slackers at VBulletins who are just sitting on their product that need to get it in gear! I have a feeling that they don't want to do much future R&D because facebook (or possibly google/apple) is going to have it's own forum software format in a few years that will blow everything away. Or who knows, maybe they'll give it their own update given the ubiquitousness of user friendly software.

Archived