Could this frog spawn be causing problems????

Hewey McLovit

So i added a Green leather to my tank, courtesy of Dobler, already attached to a nice rock but the only place the rock would fit was next to a frogspawn. "They" say frogspawn can be aggressive, but haven't seen any damage they have caused in the past. This leather is has only been in my tank for 4 days and occasionally extends it's polyps and as you can see it is also dividing. I am wondering it the frogspawn brushing up against the stem of the Leather will be a problem and should i just cut the divided parts or let them happen naturally?

I'm trying to upload a photo! Here's the link....

Figured it out, here's a pic....

P1020314.jpg

For photos use an image hosting site like photobucket. Create a free account. Upload pictures and copy the HTML code and paste it in your post. It should give you a pic that all can see without clicking. If you need better directions, search on this site for "how to post photos" and you will probably get several threads that explain in more detail than what I just told you.

Give it a try and have fun with it. :)

as to your original question. Yes hammer and frogspawn have potent stingers. I have become allergic to them. It is like having 50 mosquito bites that last a week in a 3 square inch area of my arm if I brush up against one of them.

Be careful with leather corals mixed in with other corals. Leathers don't have stinger cells, but they do release toxins when they get pissed off. One mad leather can wipe out your tank. If your FS has been stinging your leather, I would run some fresh carbon just to be on the safe side. Use just a little, and change it every couple of days for a week or two. If anything starts to look sickly or "not normal" you should do a massive water change (50% or more!!!) to clear out the leather toxins.

I hope it works out for you. :)

dsoz

For photos use an image hosting site like photobucket. Create a free account. Upload pictures and copy the HTML code and paste it in your post. It should give you a pic that all can see without clicking. If you need better directions, search on this site for "how to post photos" and you will probably get several threads that explain in more detail than what I just told you.

Give it a try and have fun with it. :)

as to your original question. Yes hammer and frogspawn have potent stingers. I have become allergic to them. It is like having 50 mosquito bites that last a week in a 3 square inch area of my arm if I brush up against one of them.

Be careful with leather corals mixed in with other corals. Leathers don't have stinger cells, but they do release toxins when they get pissed off. One mad leather can wipe out your tank. If your FS has been stinging your leather, I would run some fresh carbon just to be on the safe side. Use just a little, and change it every couple of days for a week or two. If anything starts to look sickly or "not normal" you should do a massive water change (50% or more!!!) to clear out the leather toxins.

I hope it works out for you. :)

dsoz

Thanx for the info about the photo posting, I think i already have a photobucket account. I did move the frog spawn and i will be changing the carbon today. I haven't seen any changes in the other corals as of yet, so hopefully the leather isn't pissed! Does the toxin affect fish too? I have read up a ton on leathers, but have only come across 'toxin' as a side note buried in the middle of a paragraph. Perhaps the sites that sell them should put an asterisk next to the temperament section?

Randy

Archived