DIY LED kits

huskerduck

Here is a tank that is all SPS with LED's they are the 10 AI SOL BLUE this is a Fixtures which really show that LED's can grow and have great colors.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2029329

Yep, It seems ReefLedlights is trying to mimic the AI line ( which they also sell) in their phoenix line. Theres a couple tanks running the nice LED lighting and they are flat out amazing looking!!! The NO HEAT aspect alone is a must for my Nanos, my Metal halides just raise the temp in the tank too much

Not sure which ones ship with the Phoenix kits but my guess is no. They did not have any name like the Carlico or whatever the names are-they were merely 60 degree-cheap and a waste of 60.00 dollars.

I looked at the Phoenix kits they sell and IMO Opinion, its more money for less. The XR-E packs are fine. I had Bill and Ryan (I think) send me links to their tanks so I could see how the LEDs did, but neither had a full blown SPS, mostly LPS and softies.

I looked back and its been about 6 months I have been using one form or other LED. I was using a single fixture over half my tank and a MH on the other half, I wanted to be sure they would work before making the full transistion.

Fast forward to today and the full transition has been made

I plan to start a new tank thread with LED in the title so when people search the web they can find it and see what the DIY builds have done for my tanks corals. There were not many tank threads that were all SPS/LED when I searched 8 months ago.

Interesting, I was probably "salesman shipped" but they claimed the certain bins they sell as premium have a significant boost in intensity and color ( for a lack of scientific mumbo jumbo jargon ) I also wanted all solder less so I can change out everything and move stuff around with ease and try some different experiments. Im glad to hear your sps are doing great. I was having the same issues as you when researching, hence asking local people about their experience, the one thing I did hear over and over again was to stay away from anything BUT these DIY kits and the AI SOLs, Kessil quality stuff. Ecotech is too new to know and they have always been VERY proud of their products. Don't get me wrong the Vortechs are the greatest thing going, so Im sure their LED lights are also top notch but Cha Ching

Did your kits come with some "sheild" or protective cover to prevent water splashing onto the unit? I fried a few "learning" that fish splash more than you realize.

Sounds like you spoke to Bill, that guy has a lot of information but he talks to much in his "language" 30% of what he says is to techy to matter IMO or follow but great to know he understands what he is doing product wise.

I am sure you will be pleased and the solderless is a bonus!

Enjoy-and post pics (clap)

Archived