Best salt mixing pump for a 25 gallon bucket?

sharoleb

Looking for something economical (READ: cheap!) but not so much it will fall apart in the first few months. Both of my pumps I use crapped out and I am over a month late to do a water change. (scary) DOH! My salt pumps usually last about a year, which is fine. What kind do you use?

Thanks! I stole a koralia out of my tank to get it mixed. My issues with that so far have been: mainly - the koralias reverse directions if you plug/unplug them too much. I have limited outlets in my house, and the water mixing bucket has to share w/ the coffee pot. (It's a really old house!) Also - getting water out of and into the tank - I need a pump for that.

Huh, mine has a stopper to keep it from going in reverse so i never have had that problem.

For moving water out i use a Quiet One 1200 I had on hand. It has threads to accept barb fittings so its really easy to hook up a hose to it. The intake is flat so i can rest it on the bottom and get all but an ounce or 2 out of the mixing tub.

Huh, mine has a stopper to keep it from going in reverse so i never have had that problem.

For moving water out i use a Quiet One 1200 I had on hand. It has threads to accept barb fittings so its really easy to hook up a hose to it. The intake is flat so i can rest it on the bottom and get all but an ounce or 2 out of the mixing tub.

I second on the Quiet Ones. They seem to be good pumps and are fairly economical (cheap). Heck, Petco even sells them.

Thanks! I stole a koralia out of my tank to get it mixed. My issues with that so far have been: mainly - the koralias reverse directions if you plug/unplug them too much. I have limited outlets in my house' date=' and the water mixing bucket has to share w/ the coffee pot. (It's a really old house!) Also - getting water out of and into the tank - I need a pump for that.[/quote']

LOL sounds like my house. :)

Archived