Frustrated!!!!

kriswaters

(scratch)

Can it be that certain forums tend to get "out of hand"? A recent post to another got a reply that made me feel pretty stupid.

I know I am a female, but I am pretty good about not getting emotional!

If some one can help me with plumbing specifics, I would be appreciative. Perhaps a forum on a local scale is best.

Kris

Reply if you want my plumbing questions.

You don't need much flow through your sump at all -- anything more than the flow rate through your skimmer is wasted. You can, of course go higher for greater flow in the tank but you don't necessarily need to.

Don't get frustrated! I've been doing salt/reef for 20 years and there is always some one the that makes you feel ignorant. It's a continuous learning experience.. Just blow off the negative.

And Female has nothing to do with it, they know just as much as their counterparts but don't have a problem asking more questions..

Sorry about your bad experience. I believe we all have had them. The reason we made this forum was to avoid some of the more popular forums. I don't understand why anyone with a valid question should be treated like they do not belong in this wonderful hobby. Plumbing is a very good topic. Sure you could search out the information, but then you have to sift through all the good and bad advice. Why not get some opinions from those that have done it before.

We strive very hard to be a helpful community here. Please feel free to ask any questions.

My motto has always been:

"The only stupid question, is the one you do not ask."

Jay

I was learking on a Forum North of here and the s#!t was hitting the fan from some really stupid stuff and they closed the thread!!!!! I will openly say that the most errigent groups I have ever run into are at RC. They have put down a LOT of people for asking an honest question. Our group, I feel likes to help. Sure, there are a lot of things we don't know and are learning. There is a lot we do know, and most is from trial and error. I like helping when ever I can as I LOVE this hobby. I will never know it all. Can't tell ya the name of my corals, zoo's or most fish. I hand feed them, talk to them, and try to give them the best eviroment I can. Yes, there are the days I say words i can't use here.

It's the learning from each other, about the good and the bad we experiance, to improve our abilities by helping each other, that keeps us going. There is no "stupit" here. :)

Thanks all. I didn't have a problem outright expressing my opinion regarding the "heirarchy" of this particular forum. The insulter quickly PM'd me to get the argument out of the thread and thouroughly appologized.

I still believe that I can't compete with that forum...especially when there are 800 gallon build threads. I will stick close to home, and very close to PNWMAS.

Kris