Running my Skimmer.... WET or DRY?????

Chindo

Hey guys I have my 180g up and running but have alot of brown/ reddish algae growing thinking its cyano algae????? does that sound right????? Would it help if i run my skimmer wetter and will that pull some of that nasty stuff out or should i just wait it out and it will go away??? is there anything i can do to make my tank look better at the moment?? I know lots of noob questions (laugh)..

My Nitrates are about 50 better than a fw days ago where it was dark red like 160 color and my phos is at .5 or 1 colors are really close but leaning closer to .5 I just did a 25g water change and hopefully do another early next week... Thanks

As stated, this could just be part of the cycle. Or it could be excess nutrients etc. wait a couple weeks, it could go away on it's own. If it doesn't, then run some Chemi Pure Elite. I had this going on in my 180, ran some CPE and it was gone within 2 or 3 days. Amazing stuff. Try and stay away from Red Slime Remover, there are reports of bad things happening with that stuff.

Archived