have you seen this

reefboy

I have never got the whole story, so I refrain from commenting, negative or positive. Every time the subject comes up I hear negativity but I never really hear why. I do understand many many corals where killed or lost, how or why I don't know.

I've heard of other restoration projects that have recently worked with the same group of collected corals, not his of course, but it's an interesting point this website has put out there. How much of the coral collected from the wild for "restoration" actually ends up helping the wild reef, and how much is abused and used for profit.

• 1 month later...
I've heard of other restoration projects that have recently worked with the same group of collected corals' date=' not his of course, but it's an interesting point this website has put out there. How much of the coral collected from the wild for "restoration" actually ends up helping the wild reef, and how much is abused and used for profit.[/quote']

Funny you should say that... there was an article in the New York Times about growing corals in captivity for use in restoration. Too bad it's archived now so you have to be a member to see it. :(

I also saw a similar thread about a month ago on nano-reef.com. They really were bashing on Eric. I did not comment, but I was interested. I am also interested in hearing his side of the story.

I wonder what he would have said about this if we asked him when he was here.

dsoz

I hear that Eric invented a cure for flatworms' date=' red bugs, etc. Then he sold the patent to Marc Weiss, and that Marc will soon be marketing it. It looks something like this...[/quote']

Oh my god, that's terrible! LMAO