Adjustable Level Overflow

Algae

Bought a Gl*** Holes 1500 GPH overflow kit. They only make them with teeth now but I didn't figure it would be too intrusive. Well it works fine with a rimmed tank but it sits so that the water level in a rimless is much too low.

I wanted to be able to get the water as high as possible in the rimless because I like the look but didn't want to risk an tank overflowing. I wanted to be able to finely tune the water level of the tank.

I decided to make an adjustable U shaped dam.

I routed out the teeth. and then made the overflow barrier. The slots are for raising and lowering the barrier.

DSC_0014-Copy.jpg

Water level set low

DSC_0016.jpg

Set low with cover

DSC_0017.jpg

Se high with cover

DSC_0023.jpg

Her is a nut that I wonder if anyone can figure out what it is? A clue: It is not the original color and women see it much more often then men. Well, they only see the top. Men never see the top normally, but may see it if doing repairs.

DSC_0024.jpg

Just a side note what do you use for cutting acrylic' date=' I tried my skill saw but it got so hot the acrylic was melint back togather behind the blade. Nice box you built hope that it works out well for you =)[/quote']

I have been using a Freud acrylics blade. I know they have it in 10" and 12". Not sure about smaller. The rougher looking cut (not as bad as pic) was done by Gl*** Holes. CMT and Forrest also make good blades also but they are $. You also need quality acrylic.

Those nuts are from a toilet seat. haha nice.

You are the Official Eugene Throne Master and have obviously spent extended hours upon the aforementioned viewing you glorious realm! (whistle)(whistle)(whistle)

Btw u can use a table saw just fine if u have a 80 teeth not 120 then U MUST put the sheets through a router!!!!!!! Most people don't and that will make a difference between having to use #16 to patch the little holes and just using weld on 4 for a perfect seal!!!!

Archived