How long have you had a fish hide for?

reefgeek84

I just got a Tomni Tang from Joel and it is a small one and it was doing fine this morning when I got it up this morning and then he just disappeared...I do not believe he died, he was not showing signs of it. So I assume he is hiding...The few fish I have are fairly bold and dart around the tank quite a bit...so I am hoping he is hiding...but I would like to hear from people...and he did not jump, although I have never really heard of this with tangs.

I have a yellow watchman goby that disapears for awhiles' date=' but when I feed the tank, he pops right out of the rockwork.[/quote']

yeah, he did not come out when I fed...I have lots of space in the back that is open where I can not see...he was even pecking on some algae... Well I hope he takes on the role of your watchman and is just hiding..Thanks loke.

I just had an anthias disappear for well over a month, closer to two months. Then my wife says," we should get the anthias some friends." Following the terrible scowl, I turned and noticed him swimming with my chromis. Unbelievable. Summation; fish can hold out for quite a while.

Blue Tang hid in a cave for 3 weeks because he was bullied by my yellow tang. When I finally isolated the yellow tang and gave him "Jail" time, the blue Tang reappeared. In my case I was lucky I could actually see him in the cave, so I knew what to do..

What are you other renters? Any chance one of them scared the little guy?