I hate leaky plumbing

pledosophy

I just set up my 65g. I did all the plumbing ran a water test all was good. So I moved it inside, filled it with water and ran it for a few days. All was good. Put in all the rock today then noticed one of the bulkheads is leaking. It is leaking from where the PVC goes into the bulkhead. No idea why. I've plumbed lots of tanks never ahd this before. lame.

The leak is very slow. One drop forms and takes about 20 minutes to actually fall.

Is it possible to silicone the connection between the pvc and the bulkhead or something similiar to stop the leak, or do I really hae to drain the tank so I can move it to fix the plumbing?

Thanks.

You should be able to...with something like that you could get plumbers dope and use that, which should fix the problem...I got some stuff at lowes and got Great White Pipe compound. and I have used that on a couple of small leaks and it works like a champ...never hardens, so you can always take whatever apart.

I am so happy to be hearing this advice. thanks a million. I will go and get some tomorrow and report back. I really hope it works. My rock work looks freakin awesome. Complete accident. i know I could never get it that cool again. Thanks.

Describing "freakin awesome" with out pic's is ground's for a floggin!!! :)

Describing "freakin awesome" with out pic's is ground's for a floggin!!! :)

Patience Grasshopper. Tank was all cloudy last night and when I noticed the leak I stopped adding the rock.

It's a seahorse tank. What's freaking awesome to me will probably be pretty bland compared to some of the rock work I've seen on this site. Guess I'm just easy to please.

I'll have my mini tank build thread up soon.

thanks again for all the help.