Am I crazy?????????

NoobtoSalt

Am I crazy?????????  

1. 1.

• Yes! Why would you bother breaking down your reef tank for a fish?
    • No. I think it's cool that your looking at different sides of the hobby!
    • I could careless what you do with your own tank.

Below is a link to information about the habitat use/homerange and movement ecology of brown-banded bamboo shark' date=' [i']Chiloscyllium punctatum[/i]. It also contains diet information. I didn't vote in your poll because I think you're asking the wrong question. Yes, I believe this tank's area is too small for any shark regardless of age. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you will still carry on with your wants and desires. Hopefully you find a good mentor with lots of Chiloscyllium experience.

Tiff

Fish Biologist

http://www.ipfc2009asfb.com/pdf/speaker_presentations/Stead,%20Joanna.pdf

good link for an idea of what you are getting into. I still find it discouraging that supplements are not really addressed. This bothers me because outside of housing it is my belief that the most often seen mistake made by owners is not supplementing their food correctly.

Ok so now I am going to stir the pot a little. I know Jesse personally and know he has put alot of thought into this adventure. I'm sure he appreciates any advice given but some of this thread seems to be a lets call you a idiot. He's excited about his new tank and the road he will be taking with it. The one thing I can say is I feel better knowing whatever sharks he gets will be well taken care of and not end up in a 55 gallon tank. I also know Jesse will and has done alot of research on this idea and I'm pretty sure if he has issues along the way he will definately ask people who have experience.

So good luck Jesse with your new tank and I look forward to seeing the progress.

Ok so now I am going to stir the pot a little. I know Jesse personally and know he has put alot of thought into this adventure. I'm sure he appreciates any advice given but some of this thread seems to be a lets call you a idiot. He's excited about his new tank and the road he will be taking with it. The one thing I can say is I feel better knowing whatever sharks he gets will be well taken care of and not end up in a 55 gallon tank. I also know Jesse will and has done alot of research on this idea and I'm pretty sure if he has issues along the way he will definately ask people who have experience.

So good luck Jesse with your new tank and I look forward to seeing the progress.

Thanks heather. I started this thread so my build thread didn't get out of hand. I feel like I'm putting a tang in a 20 gallon tank sometimes...lol

This is still going to be a much better habitat than what it's currently in and if it gets out of hand growing I have a local shop that will take it off my hands and put it in a 500 gallon tank.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

good link for an idea of what you are getting into. I still find it discouraging that supplements are not really addressed. This bothers me because outside of housing it is my belief that the most often seen mistake made by owners is not supplementing their food correctly.

This link doesn't address supplements, because the animals in the study are in their natural environment eating their natural prey items. It would be nice, however, to see some peer-reviewed literature from zoos and aquariums that address captive diet/nutrition, and not just for sharks but other oft kept-as-pets animals.

Archived