great meeting today!

dsoz

I thought that the meeting today went well. Several new people, and I got to meet some people that I only knew as a screen name.

Kudos to chief, lowman, and the rest of our officers and board for a smooth meeting. With some of the unreast that there has been lately, it could have gotten ugly. I hope that everyone else had a great time as well.

Thanks to Patrick, Austin, and the rest of the crew at Saltwater Fanta-seas. Nice shop, and I know I'll be back when my tank is cycled.

Thanks Patrick for bringing in the guys from Life Light. I hope someday that I can give their products a test to see if the claims of better growth for our animals are really true.

Thanks Austin for the live sand. Just coming home I noticed at least three of those micro-stars that I talked to you about wanting. Now I have some. I feel like I should have paid you for the sand that you gave away freely. THANKS SO MUCH.

Again, it was a good afternoon. If anyone can make a tank cycle FASTER, I'd love to hear how. I don't want to wait a couple more weeks before I can put in the good stuff.

dsoz

I know I need more patience, but I have been waiting a long time to do this again.

As to my progress, read my tank build thread in the members aquariums section. Reef Junkie back off the wagon. I just added chapter 3 which is everything that I have put into the tank so far.

I came in late but got to catch the better part of it. Seems like a passionate group of pretty cool and down to earth people. I'll be joining in a month or so. Like I was telling Chief I dumped all of my money in my new tank recently but I'm back in now. I want to throw out a big tha(rock2) nks to Patrick and Austin at Saltwater Fantaseas for all of their help the past week.They have been invlueable in helping get my tank to where it is today. From a sump that woulden't fit in my stand, to my broken return pump that seized up yesterday.They bailed me out of a disaster or 2 without fail. Kudos to them! And Thanks again!(rock2)

I agree this was a Great Meeting. There really was a little bit of everything for everyone.

Great Intro from Chief

Great Technical talk from Life light. I had not thought about the frequency of lights as an important factor for growth and how different of a spectrum between the sunlight and our "gas" mimicking lights. But now that I heard it it does make sense. Would be good to have that talk with the key points posted /summarized somewhere.

Good opportunity to promote and support an educational/research project.

Great participation and interaction from a good crowd of about 40-50 reefers. Seemed that there was quite a bit of trading going on.

And last but not least, oustanding prestation from everyone at Fanta Seas, Austin, Patrick, Mike etc.. for not only being very friendly and helpful but also very generous. The deals on the frags were awesome. (rock2)

Dsoz, I am glad you got sand from Austin, I had pooled together sand from CCR, Austin and another source, but did not get to distribute it back before you took off. That mix came with a very nice stomatella and other crawlers. Pretty awesome! The live sand will not speed up to original nitrate cycle but will boost your bacteria load and speed up growth and diversity. So you are investing for a better future.(clap)

Maybe next time we can organise the sand exchange a little better so that we get a few more participant and get an even better mix to redistribute.

It was great to put a face on some of you that I have started to know only as a screen name. Would have been nice if more people had been wearing their name tag, as I am sure I missed a few of the celebrities that usually make the highlight of this site! (wife)