Tanks For Teaches....To a Whole New Level!

DennisW

Imagine if this had been available for some of us?! It's crazy to think of what may have come of our minds, our educations, and our eventual career paths. I would love to see some schools around us do something similar. We have the best area for it and we have some of the best Marine Science higher education available here in OR.

The couple of pictures do it no justice. I was there last weekend and it was amazing. I have some pictures on my phone I'll try to upload. The kids there were all very nice and just absorbing any information that we could share with them. I know that one of the graduates from this last year is interning down at oregon coast aquarium now and wants to join the club here. I was able to hook them up with Reed Mariculture for foods for their clownfish breeding program. They have about 15 tanks with various broodstock and they have been able to raise one batch of clowns (43 if I remember correctly) Randy Reed grabbed a big bag of assorted foods and delivered them over to the school on a later tour that day.

Archived