What goby to get???

kknight

engineer gobys are bad for moving sand all over your tank, plus they get HUGE!!! I would suggest a dimond, they stay smaller, and I have had several and not had any issues with them filling up any of my caps with sand :) they tend to stay at the bottom has been my experiance!!

engineer gobys are bad for moving sand all over your tank' date=' plus they get HUGE!!! I would suggest a dimond, they stay smaller, and I have had several and not had any issues with them filling up any of my caps with sand :) they tend to stay at the bottom has been my experiance!![/quote']

Thank you that is what is exchanged it for. But was still kind of worried...........

Good luck on the engineer goby. I had one and it drove me nuts. Darn thing kept burying all my stuff. Was a cool looking fish though.

ya, I think I know what I'm getting into. I've got all my rocks seated before I add sand so hopefully they won't be accidently re-aquascaping and I really want to make sure my sand's getting turned over because it's about 4" that's hard to get to much of it with my hand because there's so much rock in the sand.

engineer gobys are bad for moving sand all over your tank' date=' plus they get HUGE!!! I would suggest a dimond, they stay smaller, and I have had several and not had any issues with them filling up any of my caps with sand :) they tend to stay at the bottom has been my experiance!![/quote']

bad for moving sand? that's what I want! as I gather they get 8-10" long but are happy to hide in their cave most the time. I kinda doubt diamonds would move around as much sand as engineers...am I wrong?

Dimonds tend to keep the sand whare it belongs, on the bottom of the tank, engineers tend to spred it everywhare, they get a mouth full and swim over the rock work and corals. Dimonds tend to stay in the 4 to 6 inch range yes, but I wouldn't say they sift through les sand than a engineer.

Archived